We had our first critique for this project last week, as I expected people didn't really get my piece without prompts from me, but that is largely because it is just not finished to a stage where people might get it.
I had two drawing manikins holding up a marionette puppet I had quickly made, I used the manikins simply because I did not have anything more suitable to use, and the idea was two personalities fight for control over one body, which was the puppet. People got the control idea, but they saw the manikins as outside influences - parents, governments, etc
I also had some samples of boiled leather I had done and my little leather mock ups displayed, but people could not get any idea of a concept from that.
Most of the suggestions people had were things I was intending already - larger/life sized pieces for the real piece, and more development of the concept.
Overall I am not disappointed with the results, I knew it was too early for people to really get my concept from my mock ups, I just need to keep working my concept into the piece and develop both further.
No comments:
Post a Comment