Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Project 4: Concept Development

Another way of looking at my concept is the way both the personalities fight each other for some control over the one body. This has reminded me of a marionette, with one body and two people fighting over who gets to pull the strings, and even when one person does have control, they still have the other next to them trying to tell them what to do.

This is Bob, a quick marionette I created out of a few sheets of paper, some string and a set of chop sticks. This is a simple 3 string marionette, however I would like to make a more complex one when time and resources allow, to see how difficult it is to make one, and to see how one would move. This is a possible influence for my final piece, as it could represent the body, then I could find a way to represent two personalities fighting over the controls. I have some vague, half formed ideas for this so far, but nothing solid enough to try or test.

So far I am looking at this side - the struggle between personalities - as a separate idea to the protection idea, however I will look into ways of combining the two, showing both a conflicted and symbiotic relationship between the two personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment