Out of my varying interpretations of my concept, I am finally managing to pin it down to one thing. So I am going to do a scale mail shoulder piece (I will go more into scale mail and why next time) and the whole piece will represent my friend/subject. One piece of body wear to represent one person. To represent the two personalities I am going to use two fairly opposite materials - leather and silk. Leather is tough, thick skin, hard to hurt, and good for protection. Silk is soft and delicate in appearance, if handled coarsely it will roughen and lose it's sleek shine. I will use the silk to weave the leather tabs of armor together, to represent how the two personalities hold each other together and protect each other. Even though they fight for control of the body they also keep each other together.
I am also intending on edging at least some of the leather tabs with goatskin fur, which is soft and smooth to touch, but still it leather in a way, it is still an animal skin, and tougher than many materials of a similar softness. This is because sometimes the two personalities almost seem to be one again, if (for example) they are talking about or doing something that they both totally agree on. This may not happen very often, but there are times where the softer, more innocent one is harder, and the tougher one softens.
No comments:
Post a Comment