A bracelet is just a bracelet, right?
What if that bracelet was as much a part of the meaning as the flowers themselves are? The flowers are't just attached to this chain as a way of making them a single series of art, but they are chained together, fixed into this repeating pattern of bloom and wilt, life and death.
Each charm is shackled onto this chain, which in turn is representing a ball and chain that might have been used in past ages to make sure slaves couldn't run away while they were working.
This means that instead of using a fine silver chain, perhaps I should be looking at a studier, blackened chain - something heavy and solid holding these fine charms in their place.





Lots of images of shackles and balls and chains :3
I shall have to draw some ideas up...
See y'all next time :)
My links seem to have gotten all jumbled, so I deleted them, I found all these images under google image search (one for "shackle" and one for "ball and chain") and when I get time I shall go back and try to find all the links for these again.
No comments:
Post a Comment