Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Project 2 - Research Stuff


(02/04/2013)


My first research was headed in a more environmental statement kind of way, but I couldn't think of a way to describe this well through a charm bracelet, and I found the idea of the story of a flower's life and death, paralleled with the life and death of something else that people can relate to their own lives, like a rose paralleled with a relationship, for example.
I found this image of a rabbit wearing a gas mask with it's young crowding around it quite strong, because it speaks not just of what will happen to us humans if we don't take care of our planet, but also of the creatures and families that aren't human that will be affected by our actions. This is rather the message I had been wanting to get across originally, that though we think this is our planet, it belongs to all the animals and plants that share it, not just us, and that we need to learn to respect it, and all we share this planet with.
Though I won't use this idea for this project anymore, it is something I will look at using in my art in the future, so I don't believe any of this research will go to waste, which is why I am putting it in this blog now, even though it is not relating to my current project anymore.

http://www.care2.com/news/member/261964452/2314937


Banksy is a very well known anonymous graffiti artist.
This is another piece that I feel is very strong, but in this case it is more related to what we as a species has lost, as we change our environment from the serene and wild forests that filter the CO2 from our air, and the pollution from our souls, into broken cities and false utopia's.



                              ++                            ++                             ++
(08/04/2013)

Enamelled Badges Research

Link

Link

Link



I will add more research here as I go

No comments:

Post a Comment