I Still don't think I have this idea of a contextual statement right, but I've tried to create an image the will cry to convey the question, without using too many words
This one is designed to be folded into thirds, like a little pamphlet or something, but as much as I enjoy black, I feel it is too dark, the black is partly in the badge to help the colours stand out, like the fish are swimming out of the darkness, but in this image the black is consuming everything else, belittling the colour.The words were meant to be a bit ambiguous, The question is really when will I become an artist, and not just a student, but I wanted to try leaving them so anyone who is trying to "become" something, whether and artist, a designer, a painter, a builder, a sports person - anything, can relate to the image.
I will try to create a more written contextual statement before the summative hand in date at the end of the semester, because I am simply not happy enough with either of these to hand them in for my final mark.
Update: I have made a new contextual based off some feed back I got back from the critique and from my tutors. This is purely written because I did not think I had any photos or images that really portrayed my concept very well. This written piece is entirely made up from questions, because my work is all about that question of identity, specifically the identity of a student artist who is trying to develop their identity as a full artist.
Contextual Statement:
When am I an artist, and not just someone who makes art?
When am I an artist, and not just a student?
Am I an artist? Was I an artist? Will I be an artist?
Have I always been an artist, is it a goal I must aim for?
When am I an artist?


No comments:
Post a Comment